Hello.

"A lady should be two things, classy and fabulous."
-Gabrielle "Coco" Bonheur Chanel

9.10.2013

An Oasis at NYFW: Diane Von Furstenburg Spring/Summer 2014

Hello Everyone! It's the best (well, almost the best) week of the year: New York Fashion Week! I hope I'm not the only one wishing I was among the fashion forward as they flock to New York for this wonderful occasion. Although I cannot be there, I am certainly there in spirit as I have been watching some of the shows on a live stream! I am patiently waiting for the Oscar de la Renta Spring Summer 2014 collection, which debuts tonight at 6:30! Another on of my favorites, Diane von Furstenburg, showcased her collection on Sunday. Please Enjoy!
Diane's collection was absolutely gorgeous! She stated that she wanted her line to emulate an oasis, she cleverly achieved this in each look; the outfits all look quite refreshing.  In Diane von Furstenburg's words, the woman of this spring is "an island unto herself." The cork ensemble (above) is truly one of my favorites! It takes the summer cork trend to an entirely different level, there are so many ways to play with cork. I don't think I would wear the skirt and top together too often, but I'd match the skirt to other pieces!

DVF is clearly seeing a great deal of patterns in our closets for Spring/Summer 2014. The tribal-esque and animal prints definitely give me an oasis or safari feel. Aside from the "oasis", I also enjoy the necklines in all of the pieces below! The polka-dotted dresses are truly beautiful in a feminine way; I especially love the ruffles under the flared dress. I've never been a huge fan of deep necklines, but the white pant suit looks so fabulous! It is the perfect mixture of peplum, girly and sexy!
I hope all you pretties tune into a few shows as Fashion Week moves along smoothly!
Khiana

No comments:

Post a Comment