Hello.

"A lady should be two things, classy and fabulous."
-Gabrielle "Coco" Bonheur Chanel

9.28.2013

3.1 Phillip Lim loves Target!

 Hello and Happy Saturday everyone! With the end of DC Fashion week and the official beginning of Fall, I've had alot to smile about lately! Two weekends ago, Target launched it's collaboration line with 3.1 Phillp Lim. Target never fails to amaze me with the collaborations they have. With the last collaboration being with 'Parabral Gurung' and another boast-worthy collection by Peter Pilotto due out this February, Target has always catered to those who enjoy high fashion on a budget. 
While 3.1 Phillip Lim is usually quite expensive (and certainly out of my budget), this collaboration gave us broke, college fashionistas a chance to snag a cute and well-coveted satchel or trench coat just in time for the Fall! Below, I've listed a few of my favorites! Enjoy!

I was drawn to this skirt because of the color scheme and "pattern". While clearly it is supposed to be leopard print, it looks more abstract which is a plus! I am also in love with the pumpkin orange color, the picture simply doesn't do the color any justice!
This dress reminds me of a traditional kimono from Japanese culture. It stands out to me because the floral pattern has been tastefully integrated into a Fall piece, something that people too often fail at. The contrast of tan and black also gives for a military-esque feel as well!
Leather is my absolute favorite fall/winter texture! We've been seeing a great deal of leather on the runway and in the streets. Leather has always been a fashion staple but more recently, many have been moving away from simply the classic bomber jackets or boots; leather anything goes now! This dress is the perfect mix of edgy and classy, the leather sleeves and full length zipper give it a unique kick but the shape of the dress is still appropriate for a more dressed up look!
Last but certainly not least, the trench coats! Anyone who knows me personally, can vouch for the fact that I hate wearing big coats in the winter or fall! Being from Boston, it gets quite cold; but instead of bucking up and wearing a jacket, I choose to layer most of my items. A trench coat certainly helps me with this habit of mine! The tan trench is classic but I am loving the navy with the green accent! You can never go wrong with a chunky sweater, scarf and trench coat to stay warm and fashionable! I don't advise you to follow my advice though because you'll end up sick most of the winter like me!

As predicted, many of the items in the collection completely sold out shortly after release. But, fortunately the items I've listed here should still be in stock! Be sure to check out the men's and women's collections!

Stay Pretty!
Khiana

No comments:

Post a Comment