Hello.

"A lady should be two things, classy and fabulous."
-Gabrielle "Coco" Bonheur Chanel

2.11.2013

Strutting Down the Red Carpet: Grammy Awards 2013

Hey loves! I hope everyone got a chance to catch a glimpse of the Grammy Awards and more importantly, the celebrity fashion present! I've picked a few outfits that stood out to me as I watched the stars come down the Red Carpet and also the various recaps online! Enjoy!
I decided to start with our favorite girl Beyoncé! While I am definitely a huge fan of Mrs. Carter aka King Bey, I am certainly not a huge fan of this outfit! Beyoncé is known for "slaying" or outdoing everyone around her, why she chose this 'Osman Studio' jumpsuit is a mystery to me. This jumpsuit is super cute and classy but I think Bey could have vamped up her outfit just a bit for the Grammy Awards. If you would like more information on the designer (Osman Studio), visit their website! http://osmanstudio.com
Janelle Monae never disappoints with her style choices! Her style is quite unique and she always seems to pull together some great pieces. Her outfit is simple yet it speaks volumes in style! The gold embroidering on her jacket is very sophisticated as are her red lips and black hat. This is a perfect example of how you can stray way from simply wearing an evening gown yet still appear just as elegant an fashionable as everyone else!
Florence Welch dazzled me in this amazing 'Givenchy' gown! The dress simply speaks for itself, there is not much I can say that express the awe that I felt upon seeing this gown. The spikes around the dress as well as the thigh high split, give the gown an edgy feel. And the emerald green color is absolutely beautiful, the boldness is sure to catch your eye. She kept her accessories minimal, as you would with a statement gown such as this.
As a lover of all things frilly and girly, this dress stood out to me! I completely adore the bead work and light material of this dress. Kimbra Lee Johnson looked gorgeous in this 'Jamie Lee Major' piece! It is extremely hard to wear something sheer yet still remain classy, especially at an event such as the Grammy Awards. Kimbra surely looks as eloquent and beautiful as can be! This piece has a wonderful color scheme and such delicate details. The dress is beautiful and Kimbra wore it well!
Katy Perry has always been one of my favorites in the fashion department! Her style is extremely unique; she takes simple pieces and personalizes them with great results! This pale green 'Gucci' dress is rather simple, but it fits her shape wonderfully and its subtle details give an elegant look.
In my opinion, Taylor Swift has always been a plain yet pretty girl. This dress emits class and sex appeal all at the same time! The metallic straps give her a polished and elegant look while the thigh slit and open chest and back of the dress show some sexiness. This cream 'J. Mendel' dress is perfect for her body type, as she doesn't look too skinny. Her bangs and simple braided hairdo add sleekness to her entire appearance. I am loving the whole Grecian-inspired look she might have been going for! Nice choice Taylor!
I have always loved Kelly Rowland and she has always had great style! This dress is a little risqué but I still believe Kelly pulled it off in a lady-like way. This 'Georges Chakra' dress is the perfect balance between sexy and elegant, the cut-outs in the dress are placed in a way that Ms. Rowland isn't revealing too much. It is so difficult as a woman to walk the thin line between too much skin and not enough, Kelly looks amazing and I am super happy with her outfit choice!
Nas is very attractive to me! He has always had this stoic, manly aura about him that I just cannot get enough of! He looks dapper in this tuxedo with a classic black bow tie. His tan jacket is a wonderful change from the all-black tuxedos men usually wear! 
John Mayer is definitely a sight to see in this blue velvet suit jacket with a matching bow tie! I love when men are versatile with their formal wear and stray away from simple, boring tuxedos! Mr. Mayer wonderfully added a different touch to his evening wear for the Grammy Awards!  
Wiz Khalifa and a very pregnant Amber Rose looked fabulous last night! Amber looks so adorable pregnant, her and Wiz appear to be extremely happy! Wiz looked clean-cut in a white suit jacket with a black bow-tie and black-buttoned dress shirt, very chic! And Amber was just as cute as ever in a black form-fitting gown that showed off her gorgeous, round tummy!
Last but not least, everyone's favorite couple, Chris Brown and Rihanna were present at the Grammy Awards looking very much in love! Rihanna looked fabulous in her red gown as it flowed behind her! Always one to step out, Rihanna's gown, among her outfits of the night, truly showed her beauty! Chris Brown wore an all white ensemble that contrasted with Rih Rih's dress, making them look even more lovely!

I can honestly say that I absolutely adore celebrity fashion, especially when it comes to large events because it gives everyone a chance to showcase their personal style on a more serious note!
I hope you guys enjoyed my opinions and formed your own as well!
As always, Stay Pretty!

Khiana 

No comments:

Post a Comment